Oh wow. I’m so excited that I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger’s Award by Petra of the lovely blog Food Eat Love. (Thanks Petra!) Petra, aside from having the same name as one of the main characters in Ender’s Game, is one of the fabulous bloggers I met at Food Blogger’s Connect in London and I’m so flattered and excited that she is enjoying Peaches, Please so much. I hope you’ll all check out her blog, which is about food and life, and which has really interesting recipes and beautiful photography. What more could you ask for in a blog?
So what is a Versatile Blogger’s Award? It is basically a way for bloggers to acknowledge and honor the blogs (and bloggers) we read and enjoy. The rules are as follows:
Upon nomination, the nominee, should she choose to accept, thanks the person who nominated her and provides a link to his or her blog, nominates another 15 bloggers she really enjoys and then shares 7 things about herself.
So here goes, 7 things about myself:
1. I have a veritable arsenal of nerf guns.
2. My favorite flavor of ice cream is cinnamon cookies and cream from Thomas Sweets in Princeton, NJ.
3. I once tore my ACL by jumping in a pond after a frisbee.
4. I have super naughty welsh terrier called Gus
5. I refused to eat fish until I was 18.
6. My favorite dish my grandmother made was egg custard pie.
7. I sing all the time. Often without realizing I’m singing, which can lead to some interesting looks from people on the street.
And last but certainly not least, here are my 15 nominees for the Versatile Blogger’s Award. Many of these lovely bloggers I met at Food Bloggers Connect in London, but some I found through the Food Blogger’s Great Cookie Swap, at least one I met purely by chance and the rest are just sites I’ve stumbled across in my perusal of the interwebs.
1. Midnight Spoon by Magda.
2. Adventures of a London Kiwi by Emma.
3. Love and Olive Oil by Lindsay and Taylor. Food Blogger Cookie Swap
4. Life with the Lushers by Mrs. and Mr. Lusher. Food Blogger Cookie Swap
5. Kitchen Conundrum by Renee.
6. How Sweet It Is by Jessica.
7. Turmeric and Saffron by Azita.
8. La Voie à la Bouche by Andrée-Ann.
9. Life with Lamp n Sofa by Alexa.
10. Knuckle Salad by Kristina.
11. Hungry, Health, Happy by Dannii.
(okay, I’m only at 11. I’ll follow up with four more!).
And now, for your viewing pleasure, some pictures from London:
I found this woman to be just stunning. Something about her smile just set everything around her alight and I thought it was beautiful.
I love the reflection in this window. However, after taking the photograph, I realized I was right up against some person’s window with a camera and felt a little creepy. Also, a police officer followed me for the next few blocks after I took that picture.
and last, but certainly not least…